Industry Insights |
Latest News |
Be launches world first real time social and community impact dashboard
January 28, 2021
Today we launched an independent and world-first Social Impact Dashboard showing the impact of Be services across Queensland and significant savings for the health budget.
The dashboard prepared by social impact measurement organisation ROOY has found Be has improved the quality of life, wellbeing and connection of clients in a challenging period.
CEO Feda Adra says measuring social impact is important to quantify the difference community minded businesses can make to people’s lives.
“Our vision is to make lives the best they can be, so measuring the impact of our decisions and programs and publicly reporting on this can help us improve and make better decisions to increase the wellbeing of our clients and our community.
“What we’ve found is our services have helped save the Federal Health budget, delivered for clients and led to improvements in wellbeing despite the COVID-19 environment.
“We have more to do across 2021, but this data helps us identify where more needs to be done and how we can fill any gaps for clients.”
The analysis by ROOY found:
• A conservatively estimated $851 000 was saved from the health budget from the provision of Be services.
• Be assisted 5400 Clients last year.
• 96% of clients say their quality of life has improved.
• 81% say they rely on Be as an essential service
• 75% reported a lift in their wellbeing in the last year thanks to services provided by Be.
• 82% are feeling connected.
• Be performed 154- thousand transport trips for clients.
• Be delivered almost 11-thousand social support hours.
• Be delivered 45,455 home visits.
ROOY CEO Tim O’Brien said measurement is an important activity for businesses to deliver for customers and Be is on a strong path.
“We are very excited to be helping Be on their journey to communicate and grow their impact.
“This is a remarkable world-first approach to transparently display the true performance of their community programs today and improve them for tomorrow. We are very excited to be working with an organisation that is positioning itself as a leader in growing the impact they are having on the community. “
Be will continue to expand services in 2021, including leading the Vitality Village project, a $25 million health and wellness facility which is due to be completed by June 2021 in the Sunshine Coast Health precinct at Birtinya.
You can find out more about the dashboard here