We are Be: offering home care, transport, social support and more
July 30, 2020
We might have a new name and a fresh new look however our organisation has been around for over thirty years. From humble beginnings with one community transport vehicle based in Caloundra to who we are today; providing home care, transport, social support and more across 11 regions of Queensland.
We are Be. We are a not for profit community organisation dedicated to helping people live fulfilling and meaningful lives. We provide an extensive range of home and social support services to help you or a loved one be connected and independent.
Learn more about our services…
Social isolation is one of the biggest obstacles facing older Australians and those living with challenges. Fortunately, it’s something that can be addressed with the right support.
- Community transport: Be provides many transport solutions to help maintain and maximise independence for frail, older people and those living with a disability. Our drivers will collect you from your home and provide you with a safe and comfortable ride to your chosen destination. Our large fleet of vehicles caters for all accessibility needs, including wheelchairs, electric scooters and those needing hoist access.
- Social Support: Be offers a number of services to assist you in maintaining a social life and help you to continue to participate within your community. Social support services can be provided through individual support with assistance with shopping and attending appointments. Group social support can assist you to attend events, entertainment and group activities.
- Events & Outings: Our variety of fun events and social outings ensure you or your loved one stay connected and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
- NDIS Transport: The NDIS provides people under the age of 65 who are living with a disability the care and support they need. Be can provide transport under the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Community Visitor Scheme: The program gives you the opportunity to be paired with one of our caring volunteers who will visit you regularly, either in your own home or location of your choice.
Be can provide a range of support services designed to help you to remain living in your home. From help with basic house chores to allied health services, and much more, our caring staff are here for you.
- Home care packages: our home care packages provide you or your loved one with the support to live independently at home longer. And that’s a great place to be.
- Personal care: Our team can help you with your everyday personal care needs to maintain your routine, focusing on hygiene, accessibility, personal grooming and other personal services depending on your needs.
- Clinical care: Be provides registered nurses who are trained and skilled to provide in-home care for a range of treatments including management of ongoing conditions or recovery after an injury or medical event.
- Allied health: We are able to provide the specialised services of Allied Health professionals, specific to your needs including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, exercise therapy and more.
- Respite care: We understand the important role that carers play and how essential it is for them to sometimes have a break. Respite services allow carers to get that much needed rest, take a holiday, or attend to other important matters.
We’re guided by our passion, stepping up to provide what’s needed, then looking for ways to deliver more. It’s how we started, more than thirty years ago.