In order for you to access subsidised services, you must first be registered and assessed by the Australian Government’s centralised contact centre, known as My Aged Care (MAC). My Aged Care is a national online and telephone service to help determine what Aged Care services you may be eligible to receive, to improve your wellbeing and help you maintain a level of independence.
The assessment process varies depending on what type of services you are seeking. Be can assist you through the entire process.
3 easy steps to get started
- Recognise you need assistance
- Register with My Aged Care with the help of our friendly staff. Visit their website or to get started. If you need assistance, feel free to give us a call and we can help you through the entire process.
- Join the Be family and find the right kind of assistance to suit your needs
Be is committed to ensuring your needs are met in a timely manner. Ordinarily, you are required to be registered through My Aged Care and have an assessment before you can commence with services.
However, Be can provide interim services to you without you having to be registered with My Aged Care or being assessed in the event you are faced in an urgent situation. We understand that things happen sometimes that we have no control over. Whether you fall ill suddenly or your normal carer is unavailable, Be are here to help.
Yes, we can offer some services for those without an Aged Care Assessment. Please contact our team directly on 1300 761 011 to discuss your specific needs to determine if we can assist you and prepare a quote.
Transport can be arranged simply by calling our office. Three working days’ notice is ideal or book as soon as you have arranged your appointment. You can book by calling Be on 1300 761 011.
The cost of transport varies depending on a number of factors, including distance and funding eligibility. If you contact our office, someone from our transport team will ask you a few questions to better understand your situation and will be able to provide you with an accurate quote.
Be has a large fleet of vehicles to cater for all needs, including wheelchairs and those needing hoist access. Clients are transported in fully maintained vehicles, by our caring, friendly and trained drivers.
Our qualified transport team offers door to door service, to ensure the client’s safety and comfort for the following services:
- Pre-arranged medical appointments eg. GP
- Specialists, dentists, hearing services, physiotherapy, allied healthcare
- Hospital visits
- Assistance for shopping, including putting together shopping lists and accompanying you on shopping trips
- Taking you to pay bills
- Taking you to events and social outings
- Transport to local community facilities such as libraries, swim centres etc.
- Visiting Nursing homes
You may be eligible for services under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme if you are:
- 65 years or older; or 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person; or 50 years or older and on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness
- still living at home
- in need of help at home to continue to live independently.
The only criteria is an aged care assessment which is provided free of charge by My Aged Care.
If you are not eligible under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme and still require assistance, we may be able to support you. Please contact our team directly on 1300 761 011 to discuss your specific needs.
Home Care Packages
The Government has determined the following items cannot be included in a Home Care Package:
- Items that would normally be purchased out of general income
- Purchase of food, except as part of enteral feeding requirements
- Payment for permanent accommodation, including assistance with home purchase, mortgage payments or rent
- Payment of home care fees
- Payment of fees or charges for other types of care funded or jointly funded by the Government
- Home modifications or capital items that are not related to a consumer’s care needs
- Travel and accommodation for holidays
- Cost of entertainment activities, such as club memberships and tickets to sporting events
- Gambling activities
- Payment for services and items covered by the Medicare Benefits Schedule or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme
You can change home care providers at any time, if you are moving to a different location or are looking for a better fit.
Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to re-activate your referral code. You will need this referral code to give to your new provider before you can start receiving their services. Check your Home Care Agreement so you know of any conditions such as notice periods and exit amounts that may apply.
For your own peace of mind and to minimise any interruption to your services, transfer your Package to Be today, we can take care of the whole process at no cost to you.
While you own the Home Care Package, Be will assign you your very own Case Manager to help manage the package. Your Case Manager will liaise with you frequently to ensure your most current needs are addressed at all times and the Home Care Package is having a positive impact on your independence and ability to remain living in your home.
Your Case Manager will ensure your Care Plan is always up to date, your individual needs are always met and you are continuously consulted and informed about potential options and services that will be of benefit to you.
At any point, for any reason, you can contact Be and your Case Manager will be available to you.
Be is a non-profit registered charity organisation delivering health and wellbeing services to help people live well in the community.
We provide home care packages, home support and transport services. Our clients can engage us even if they only need a little help. As their needs change, our clients can add more services that allow them to live independently in their own home for longer. We also provide social opportunities to help people stay connected to their community. Our clients are treated with the warmth of family. At Be, we learn about their goals and discover what brings them joy. Then we do our best to find those opportunities.
Working closely with health providers, research bodies and other industry partners, we find better ways to improve health and wellbeing in our community. As industry leaders, we use an innovative approach to develop solutions that benefit the entire community and influence policy.
We do more than what’s expected to really make a difference.