Accessing the Community Visitors program gives you the opportunity to be paired with one of our caring volunteers who will visit you regularly, either in your own home or a location of your choice. How you spend your time is completely up to you. Our volunteers are matched with you based on your interests giving you the chance to form a genuine friendship. The opportunities are endless, but may include:
- Having a cup of tea and a chat
- Do a crossword puzzle together
- Pottering in a garden
- Going for a short walk together
- Reminiscing about old times and looking through photo albums
- Reading a book or newspaper together
- Sharing stories and memories
- Having a coffee and cake at a local café
- Driving to the beach or visit the local nursery
To be eligible to access the CVS Program, you need to be receiving services through a Home Care Package or living in a Residential Aged Care Facility. This is a free program. There are no fees or expenses for you to participate in the program and participation does not replace any other services you receive, rather, it complements them.
How can I access services with Be?
Recognising you need a little help and reaching out for it can be daunting. We simplify the requirements and bring the opportunities to you, making the whole process a lot easier.
To access our services, you will need to be registered and assessed by the Australian Government’s centralised contact centre known as My Aged Care. If you are not currently registered, we can help you through this process. Call Be today on 1300 761 011 to speak to one of our friendly staff, or visit our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more.
3 easy steps
- Recognise you need assistance
- Register with My Aged Care with the help of our friendly staff
- Join the Be family and find the right assistance to suit your needs